It was testimony time at the church stewardship committee meeting.
“I’m very rich,” one man said. “I am very rich because God has blessed me.
I am rich because when I was a young man, with only $1 in my pocket, I heard an address by a missionary.
The Spirit told me to give everything I had to that missionary. So I gave that dollar.”
A fellow committee member tapped him on the shoulder. “I dare you to do it again,” she said.
Overhead on Noah’s Ark
1. “Did anyone think about bringing a couple of umbrellas?”
2. “Hey, there are more than two flies in here!”
3. “Wasn’t someone supposed to bring some shovels?”
4. “Okay, who’s the wise guy who let the mosquitoes on board?”
5. “Don’t make me pull this ark over and come back there!”
6. “Steak for dinner? We didn’t bring any steak with us. Uh.Oh.”
7. “Are we there yet?”
* * * * *